USE PROMO CODE "Bucketlisters" FOR 5% OFF YOUR CLASS
Transform a piece of ordinary rebar into a beautiful knife that you design!🔪🤲
This workshop will immerse you in the world of knifesmithing – the art, science, and practice of using heat and hammers (among other tools) to shape steel. You will transform an ordinary piece of rebar (steel reinforcing rod) into a beautiful knife of your own design.
💰$255 per person
Ages 18+. Participants Under 18 Must Be Accompanied By An Adult
📍117 11th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11215
📆 Dates and Times vary
- What You’ll Be Making : Your own custom forged knife
- What’s You’ll Be Doing: Shaping your blade with copious amounts of heat and hammers, plus some help from a grinder
- Skill Level : Beginner — no previous experience is required.
- Length: 5 hours (including a 1 hour break)
- Class size: 4 – 6 people.
Let’s keep it safe:
To ensure your safety while at a at Craftsman Ave workshop, we’ve implemented the following precautions:
- Small Class Sizes – We’ve always specialized in offering hands-on workshops for small groups of people. In the past, we limited our workshops to 8 guests. For the foreseeable future, we’ll be further limiting our workshops to 4-5 people max so everyone can be safely distanced from each other.
- Last-Minute Rescheduling – If a guest doesn’t feel well on the day of their workshop, they can reschedule to a later date at no cost.
- Studio Cleaning – With all the wood and metal dust kicked-up in our workshops, there are some areas of our studio that will always appear a little short of “clean”. However, you can be sure that we disinfect all tools and surfaces regularly and especially before each workshop begins.
- Mask-Up! – Everyone – guests and instructors – must wear a mask during their time at our studio. BYOM or we’ll be happy to provide you with one. We will also have plenty of gloves available.
- Hand Washing/Sanitizing – You’ll find plenty of hand sanitizer dispensers throughout our space and everyone will be asked to clean their hands before each workshop.
- Upgraded Ventilation – We’ve upgraded the air handling systems in our studio, effectively doubling the airflow through our space. If any icky things make it into the studio air, they’ll be quickly whisked out by our exhaust system.
- Distanced Workstations – For workshops that involve a lot of individual work, we’ve reconfigured our studio so each guest will have their own workstation, safely distanced from others.