Bucket Listers is excited to partner with Boat Cinema to bring you LA's first and only on-the-water film experience:
VIP Mini Boat: Starting at $299
- Includes a front-row electric mini boat rental for up to 5 people (850lb combined weight limit)
GA Mini Boat: Starting at $249
- Includes Electric Mini Boat rental for up to 5 people (850lb combined weight limit)
Beach Seating: $20
- Bring your own beach chairs, towels, or blankets and enjoy the movie from the beach. Price is per person.
⏰Doors open: 6:30 PM
Showtime: 8:15 PM
📍Castaic Lake Headquarters: 32132 Castaic Lake Dr. Castaic, CA. Parking Lots 1 & 2
About the Event
Proudly partnered with LA County Parks, Boat Cinema is LA’s first movie experience from your own personal mini boat. Expect a magical night in one of the most stunning settings in Los Angeles with food, drinks, music, and even pre-show fun on the Boat Cinema Beach.
Thirty minutes from DTLA, Castaic Lake is a bustling lake environment with boaters, water skiing, long stretches of gorgeous beaches, and camping. Boat Cinema will drop you into a world that you will only get here.
Reserve a mini electric boat or bring your chairs and enjoy our beach seating! Pack a picnic or we can have one on your boat prepared for you, but come ready for a summer night on the water with incredible films, food, music, and even our one-of-a-kind snack boat offering boat side service and pizza delivery!
Age Requirement: All ages are welcome, except infants. At least one person in your party must be 18 or older to rent the electric boats (life jackets provided). All Mini Boat guests must sign a waiver upon entrance to Boat Cinema.
🍕Find a detailed list of food and beverage add-ons HERE
❓Click HERE to see the FAQs
✔️Safety measures will be in place throughout the experience
All sales are final, no refunds or exchanges.
Sunday, August 7th: Mamma Mia
Friday, Agust 12th: Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Mans Chest
Saturday, August 13th: Sandlot
Sunday, August 14th: Sleepless in Seattle
Friday, August 19th: Shrek
Saturday, August 20th: Raiders of the Lost Ark
Sunday, August 21st: Mean Girls
Friday, August 26th: The Princess Bride
Saturday, August 27th: A Quiet Place 2
Sunday, August 28th: Back to the Future
Friday, September 2nd: Legally Blonde
Saturday, September 3rd: Jurassic Park
Sunday, September 4th: Jaws
What time can I check-in?
- Check In begins at 6:30 pm. You must be checked in by 7:20 pm. It is very important to check in on time. Late check-ins may lose their boat without a refund. A valid ID will be required from one person in your party to hold during your rental
Does each person need their own ticket?
- NO. You only need to purchase one ticket for either the MINI ELECTRIC BOAT and adhere to the capacity limits.
What if I don’t have my own boat?
- You don’t need a boat. One of the best parts about boat cinema is renting our mini electric boats and having fun driving them yourself.
Do I need boating experience for the electric mini boats?
- All General Admission and VIP tickets will go through a safety orientation with your electric boat prior to boarding.
- You will drive your own boat via an escort boat that will guide you to your movie-watching spot.
How will I keep my mini boat or float from floating away?
- All boats will hook into a mooring system to keep you enjoying the movie vs worrying about floating away!
Is there an age limit?
- At least one person in your party must be 18 or older to rent our electric boats. No infants are permitted.
How many mini boats are there?
- Approximately 20 Mini Electric Boats are available for each movie. This means they will sell quickly and you may not get your first choice of movie but it also means the attention to your experience is of the utmost priority and will be superior.
Will boats have life jackets?
- Life Jackets will be provided for those customers renting our electric boats. Everyone on the boat must have access to their life jacket at all times.
- Under state law, it is an infraction, punishable by a fine of up to $250, to operate a vessel of any length unless every child under 13 years of age on board is wearing a Coast Guard-approved life jacket.
How many people can I put in my mini electric boat?
- Boats fit up to 5 people with a maximum weight capacity of 850lbs
What if I have to pee?
- All those renting our electric boats; You will be allowed to drive your boat to shore to use the restrooms. YOU MUST RETURN TO THE EXACT SAME SPACE IN WHICH YOU ORIGINATED. YOU MAY NOT TAKE SOMEONE ELSE'S SPOT WHO MAY ALSO BE IN THE RESTROOM. An attendant will help reposition your boat after your return from the restroom. Please do not urinate in the lake, you will be asked to leave without a refund.
Can I throw my trash in the lake?
- ABSOLUTELY NOT. YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE EVENT AND BANNED FROM THE LAKE. You will be responsible for picking up all your trash and removing it from your boat and disposing in a receptacle. Rental equipment should be returned as you received it. If damaged you will be responsible for the fees
Will I get wet?
- You may get wet. You are coming to an event on a lake beach so be prepared for water and sand.
Are tickets per person or per boat?
- All Tickets are per vessel and then you just have to adhere to our capacity limits.
Will there be food for purchase at Boat Cinema?
- YES! Onsite Food & Beverage will be available for purchase. We recommend you pre-order at least 70 hours in advance to ensure your food order can be fulfilled.
Can I bring my own food and beverage?
- YES! If you want to bring your own food, YOU MUST PURCHASE the “Bring Your Own Picnic” Corkage fee located in the ADD ON MENU on our website or by clicking on the link on your ticket confirmation. If you arrive with your own food/beverage and without a “BYOP” add-on ticket, you will be charged $35 in line when you check in. NO ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED ON YOUR BOAT.
What if there is inclement weather?
- Boat Cinema is rain or shine. However, if ever there is dangerous weather we contact you via email with details on how to transfer your tickets to another screening or obtain a refund. We will also announce on our Instagram handle Boat Cinema LA @boatcinema
Can I bring my pet?
- YES. Dogs Under 30 pounds are permitted. Dogs weight counts toward your boat weight limit and must also have a life vest.
Can I smoke?
- Smoking is prohibited in all Los Angeles County Parks and Recreation areas
Subscribe to discover the best in events, experiences, food & more!